Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It's been in my mind a lot lately.
The excess of our lives
The unnecessary stuff
The stuff that ends up holding us down and owning us.

When I took a closer look at God's promises, I was amazed how many they are. What is even more beyond my understanding is how God never break His promises, not even one.
He is faithful and true to His word and I truly believe that we can trust Him at all time.
As many of you knows about the trials and the challenges that my family experienced last year we learn to relay on the Lord provision
At the time when my family faced the financial challenges it seemed that God was going to take everything from us. We didn't understand why -we were seeking Him all along the way, but it became apparent that every time we pray about something, something else blew up in our faces.Before it all started we had a very good life, solid finances, a beautiful home, nice cars, owned a successful business of our own.
We weren't nasty prideful but we were proud of our stuff.
We look back at it now and see where the Lord was bringing us, at the point where I've REALLY learn to trust the Lord Not just say it! I've also learn to relay on
God's promises, and to recognize that He really does care for me and the smallest details of my life.
These struggles have taken it from head knowledge to Truth that Now fills my heart and soul. I so thankful for the friends that the Lord brought into my life, they have been there for me, praying for me and helping me in such amazing ways. We tried hard to keep our grip and climb out of it but, however it seem as if every decision we made,even after prayerfully presenting it before the Lord turned out to be a bad decision. I've fell very discouraged at times, depressed and with no energy left to bringing my sorrow before the Lord.
When I start reading and start knowing that God's promises are real, it become very comforting and reassuring to me that I can relay on Him, and He will never let me down.
"God's way is perfect.All the Lord's promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to Him for protection"2Samuel22:30-32

I look back over to last year now, and see how the Lord refining us.
Refining- to purify from what is coarse , vulgar to make it elegant or cultured

to become pure
to bring to a finer state or form by purifying

It is clear to me that, though the finished product may be beautiful and elegant, the process is not.
This year I have resolved in my heart to not look the other way when I see someone hurting, to not to judge others by their circumstances or appearances, I now understand what is important and what is just fluff...

Some lessons are harder to learn than others. This one was excruciating at times for me. But I wouldn't trade the changes in myself and my family for anything!

Thank you Lord for seeing my heart and refining it for your glory.

Magda

No comments:

Post a Comment


My beautiful front yard


Cookies and milk