Wednesday, May 20, 2009

As my son high school graduation approaches I became very nostalgic.I've tried to prepare myself knowing that any milestone brings mixed emotions,but is still not easy.
Is this the beginning of the end, or the end of the beginning? One thing for sure; life is our home will be soon very different.
Even tough his going to focus on savoring every last moment with his good friends, I know he knows that his life shared with us is changing forever. We might have our arguments, or the attitude that he sometimes likes to share around here but saying good-byes to all that is going to be hard.

In the mist of the preparation for my son's high school graduation I've had to make an strong effort not to think that is also the time when our lives are going to change from having three children in the house to two. My role as a parent is changing now from parenting a child to the adulthood parenting. I realize that my son still need guidance and support,but this is all new to us. So we decide that the best way for us is to offer him encouraging words, daily prayers, reaffirming his good character, his intelligence, and his sense of humor. We don't expect him to thank us for that would be unrealistic for now.

His going thought a roller-coaster of emotions -fear, confusion, doubt and excitement until he leaves for home. He will never admit that but is very natural to go through such emotion, and I want to be as supportive as as i can be for him.
He will try to juggle all this emotions and the separation from us, his friends, and all the people that gave him a sense of security in his life.

I need to realize that I we've been raising our kids and preparing them for this very time- the day they leave home,and this day is almost here for our older son and us.
I've been blue for a while realizing that this day is getting closer and closer but My goal right now is to be there for my son, throughout this confusing time, by letting him know that his loved, by his parents and by His Heavenly Father, and even I will miss him terribly I want to give him the best gift that any parent can give-
my unconditional love and my daily prayers.

This summer is the last summer of his childhood,but my son needs us to help him to let go...and to hang on.


Let me know what you think... anyone going through some emotion period right now.
Let's pray for each other!

In His love,
Magda

No comments:

Post a Comment


My beautiful front yard


Cookies and milk