I got an bunch of personal emails from so many of my friends(you), in response to "The disease called Perfection" I was overwhelmed by your kind words and for understanding my point so what I can say to you all is this....let's all get out of channel one and let's be real with one other. In my opinion channel one( the perfect channel) communicate and focuses on things like"how is the weather? where did you got your shoes from, what kind of car you drive, or something like that. It's not bad or wrong to communicate on channel one, I've done it , we've all done it and I think at times it's absolutely appropriate,but the problem is some of us we get stuck on channel one and we never get on any other deeper channels, I believe the feeling and the friendships that we experience are not as rich and fulfilling as they might be.
I don't want to spend any energy on trying to convince people that I live perfect and in "my world" there is nothing imperfect.... by doing that I will probably start attracting only people that they are convincing themselves that everything in their world is just"perfect" and they tend to focus on mostly superficial topics.
Been there...done that! not for me thank you!!!
There's someone in my life that I've know for many years everytime we get together usually once or twice a year, our time together is typically the same, her initial greeting is very super cheery and limited to the channel one. She always smile and everything is doing is great,everything around her is wonderful, her dad is "wonderful" even his spends most of his time in the hospital than at home, she is doing "great" even she never wanted to be a full time working mom. The problem for me is that there's really nowhere to go with conversation like this, and like I said is nothing wrong with a channel one conversation maybe at times a deeper,more honest discusion will be (again in my opinion) something like: "you know Magda, I'm usually a very happy person but like everyone else I have some frustration in my life" I think this will open a door for prayer requests, for deeper connection between us. While we might not get in all the details of her frustration it will be leaving me with the feeling that she was honest and open.
My point here is to make sure that we understand each other and we are able to "dance" from channel one and initiate deeper interaction depending of the situation.
You can be a happy person but not have a "perfect" life and is just fine, more than fine! Our joy should be real and should come from the Lord, we need to let Him shine on us, when our feelings are phony and we are afraid to be real we can't realate to anyone's heart level and we can't get feel nourished.
I love my family and my friends, can't live out them and even at times I've isolate my self from people, trying to put my feelings and troubles under the rug it didn't help me.... it was the Lord that help me to past the hardships and to start seeing that being real and sharing from my heart will really feed my spirit. The acceptance and the closeness that I get is beyond words...I'm offering my unconditional love to people around me as well as opening myself up to be loved this way.
Xo ~
No comments:
Post a Comment