The stuff that the life is "made" of!!!
The whole business of organizing my home or as a matter fact others gets my stomach churning. The way I see it, there is two type of people in this world: the ones who have stuff and the ones who don't. Or should I say the ones who choose to collect stuff and the ones who don't. After all as hard as it is to admit it is a choice. We all making a life choice every time we buy a gift for a birthday a year away, or new glasses just because I like their great shape, despite the lack of space in my cupboard. We all meet or heard of people saying "I don't have anything in closet that I haven't worn in more than a year"! A year? I have blouses that there older then my kids(not many) but still. My biggest problem right now is to understand how people can change, like the ones that they used to be bears of stuff and then have a mind change after someone like me organize their homes. No talking about closets only...like the entire home style. They usually ask people like me who are doing this for living to load up everything including their grandmother's teacups without any fuss.
Intellectually I get it, the idea is unbelievable appealing. It's no different than talking to a friend who works out everyday and tells me who great she feels. Of course she feels great-she makes perfect sense.
So why I don't we all do it then? I guess our intellect isn't always the part of the one that makes decisions of what to do. I'm a magnet stuff. I collect stuff. For me getting rid of my stuff would like getting rid of my memories and passion, I don't mind sorting, packing, unpacking, clean out and reorganize every season. It brings me comfort and something to look forward.
I know I'm not alone and a dear friend of mine told me that letting go stuff is like your mind says -Yes- but your heart says -No-
So true!!!
Love to hear how your dealing with organizing and get rid of your stuff..feel free to email me back.
Until next time-M
xox
No comments:
Post a Comment