Sunday, April 12, 2009

Christ is Risen! He is Risen Indeed!!

When Christians greet one another with these words, we affirm the unity of believers and also a profession of our faith on Easter morning.It sets an appropriate tone of rejoicing for the day and a reminder also for our kids who may be excited about their Easter baskets,that they tend to forget what we are celebrating.
Easter baskets and Easter eggs hunt are surely fun for children along with chocolate eggs, and jelly beans nearly every family has its own special custom and tradition for Easter.
The colors for Easter Sunday are white and yellow.The Easter season white symbolizes the hope of the Resurrection as well as the purity and newness that comes from the victory over sin. The yellow symbolizes the light of the world brought by the risen Christ.
Decoration for the Easter table dont not have to be lilies,but it would be nice to have spring flowers in to a vase for the center of the table with flowers you never go wrong,and candles really ought to be part of the table decoration, not only because they are festive,but because of the allusion of the Light of Christ.

Traditional Easter recipe usually focus on the colors and the fresh flavors of the spring vegetables,paired with ham,or roast lamb or roast turkey.I always try to find fresh herbs to accent my cooking and seek out for peas, asparagus,new potatoes or anything that is just coming into the season this time of the year.
Whatever I use a pale yellow table cloth with fresh white plates or just using pastel colorful napkins on a white tablecloth for Easter season,using pastels is a sure way to make your table look fresh and spring like.
I grow up with having color eggs and I like painting them the way I was doing it when I was a little girl, so every year I like to have fun with my kids by painting Easter eggs.
I also like to make this fun&festive looking drink for the day(and tasty too)rainbow sherbet and 7-up.One of my faves are deviled eggs for an appetizer.
You can make it fun by nestle them on a platter of Easter grass or coconut mixed with a bit of green coloring.
I am not good a baking at all,but at Easter i like to make cupcakes and decorate them with colored frosting and sprinkled with few jelly beans and you got a colourful Easter egg nest cupcake.
I surely have fun with my youngest son and my daughter making cupcakes last night and I will post some pictures soon.
Have a blessed Easter day,enjoy your family and the yummy food that you prepare,and don't forget the Easter Egg Hunt,also please free to share you favs of Easter season.
XOXO
Magda

2 comments:

  1. Magda, good advice! My daughter made the cupcakes that were featured on the front of the April Canadian Living Magazine. They tasted as good as they looked. Definitely, a keeper recipe.
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Krista! Thank you..

    ReplyDelete


My beautiful front yard


Cookies and milk