Today is Palm Sunday,It celebrate Jesus triumphal entry into Jerusalem on a entry on a donkey when people waves palm leaves, and shouted Hosanna-(save us)! Blessed is he
who come in the name of the Lord.Mark11:9
It also the start of the beginning of the Holy week, the last week of Jesus life on earth,and together with Easter it is the most scared part of the Christian calendar.Until recently I used to think Christmas was the biggest event of the year,but I guess that was due to the info commercials and the store abundances.Now I see why Holy week and Easter is so much bigger.It celebrates Jesus death and Resurrection this passages from the death to life from our salvation. The greatest Christian holiday celebration of Resurrection of Jesus spring symbolizes the awakening of life and time for natural rebirth, new beginning and warmer weather(for us).Well everyone is putting up their Easter displays...everyone is putting the bunny and that is cool don't get me wrong.....But what I would like to do is a Christian Easter display,to have a 15f inflatable JESUS that has his arms straight out, to have a 8f inflatable cross and I would like my church to have a projection screen for all the cars that passes to see it (with no accidents involved) to show video of Jesus coming out of the grave-is that a great idea! I think if we don't have Easter then we would not have Christmas either.I love Christmas and everything about it the songs, the food, the greetings-peace and joy.
We need deep freedom, peace and joy at all times right, not only at Christmas.I have noticed in myself times when I drift away from faith and become more self absorbed of daily life,my sense of deep freedom,peace and joy grow faint.
I have constantly draw my mind back to God and his teaching.The bible is the best self help book ever written!
There is something in there to help and guide us thought all situations.I am very thankful to one of my dear friends Jodie who years ago gave me my first Study Bible which has helped me deepen my understanding of scripture.Once I absorb myself again in the word of the Lord I again come closer to deep freedom,peace and joy. I invite you to do the same!
Blessings and love!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment